Friday, 27 September 2013

Boho

I have officially been in my home away from in Canterbury for a week. So much has happened in the last 7 days as I've been adjusting to my new habitat, and I can't wait to share more of it with you.

All I'll say for now is I think I'm going to like it here in Kent. Let me start by telling you a little bit about my city centre excursion.


An assessment of the kitchen situation told me we were peelerless, graterless and without a baking tray, essential items if I'm to create my culinary delights while I'm here. A trip to Wilkinson's was in order. However, seeing as lectures don't start till Monday this was a perfect opportunity to sneak a look at the vintage shops.

The sun shone for me and my housemate Livvy as we wound our way through the bustling market places and in and out of second hand bookshops.


A fabulous organised tour of the city centre and cathedral earlier on in the week had given us a preview of the sorts of bistros and caf├ęs Canterbury boasts, and Boho cafe had caught our attention straight away. 



Those who are in search of a good cup of coffee in a boho-chic setting need look no further. Boho seems like the place to see people, and be seen. Friends, couples and mother-daughter shopping parties filled out the venue.


The decor is enchanting. Old fashioned teacups, Union Jacks, skulls and pearls intertwine on the counter top, and there are ukuleles and rows and rows of clocks on the walls.




The menu is a dazzler, the breakfasts look particularly good and artisan sandwiches caught my attention as waitresses whisked them to hungry customers. The choices of cakes winked at me from underneath bell jars, but I was restrained and had a latte. 

We were lucky enough to have a seat right in the window at the front of the cafe and chatted, laughed and people watched for ages.

Coffee date ensemble. Blue Topshop blazer, straight blue Forever 21 jeans, Forever 21 key to my heart tshirt and a cream tote bag. 

It won't be long before I am back to Boho to sample that gorgeous looking menu. 



No comments:

Post a Comment