Sunday, 29 September 2013

Day at the Seaside

Yesterday my new found university companions and I grabbed our knapsacks and cameras and headed to the charming little seaside town of Whitstable. I've been lucky enough to meet a whole lot of people from all over the world, so to show them an essential bit of life as a Brit we thought it was a fab idea to take them a good old-fashioned English seaside destination. Famous for its oysters and seafood in general, I was more than just a bit excited for our Whitstable adventure. We all piled on to the bus and set off to see the sea.


Mild, bright, but blowy. A couple of lucky photos where my hair isn't going completely crazy!


My lovely soft Abercrombie and Fitch checked shirt, H&M straight blue jeans, faithful Topshop blazer, red Vans and cream tote bag.


I had almost forgotten how fantastic to smell of the seaside is. The beach is pebbly, but the sound of the rocks as you ramble up and down is brilliant, and it's also ideal for skimming rocks!


Working artists have open workshops all along the beach front, welcoming you in to go in and out and admire their work.





When you're finished rambling and playing on the beach, there is plenty to see around town. The streets are full of independent seasidey shops selling classy homeware, souvenirs, clothes, art and sweet treats, and there are a number of lovely pubs to shelter in and grab a drink or a bite to eat. 



A mini market by the harbour.
The smell of food is amazing. 


Hot chips by the sea front with masses of salt and vinegar, what could possibly top that? And of course, because we were in Whitstable I treated myself to some fresh mussels. I don't know whether it was because I ate them in the open sea air or because they were so fresh but they were better than any other mussels I've ever eaten.




A fabulous first visit to this wonderful English seaside town. I will be back to Whitstable again, for sure.

This has to be the photo of the day. We couldn't resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment