Friday, 25 October 2013

Keeping it Simple

Today I'm going to do my first beauty-related post! I've got quite a few exciting little ideas of different posts I can do soon but I thought this would be an excellent one to start off with. 

My beauty routine is admittedly pretty simple (a fact I'm actually quite proud of!) As far as daily skincare goes I'm a big advocate of taking your makeup off every night, cleansing toning and moisturising (Simple is my favourite brand hands down), and sipping plenty of water throughout the day. But as far as fancy creams and lotions that cost the earth go, I'm not convinced. They're far too expensive for my student budget and more to the point, I'm not sure they actually work! 

Some days if I'm feeling particularly fresh-faced I won't even bother with foundation. However, one thing I always like to focus on is eyes. For daywear I like a clean, nude eyeshadow with a hint of sparkle and a good swipe of mascara. Mascara is one product I think it's worth spending a little more money on to get a decent one!

Or my other favourite item, and the one I wanted to talk about in particular, is liquid eyeliner. It's a look that you can wear during the day and at night, and I think it looks very classy for the minimal effort that is required!


Just start at the outside to create the shape of the flick, then slowly and carefully create your line moving from the outside in. And that's it!

I've tried out a number of different brands, some much more expensive than others, but I have to say I have always been a bit disappointed. With some of the more pricey types I would blink the liquid from my eyelid everywhere before it had dried. There is one type however that is very inexpensive and gives consistently good results, which I never have this blinking problem with. It was actually the first type of liquid eyeliner I ever bought, and is... 
Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner!


The shape of the brush is perfect for the thickness of the line I like and the applicator is easy to use. 


It's just £2.99 for 10ml. I like to get a new one every few months to stop it from going gloopy and hard to apply, which is about as often as I change mascaras. But at that price I don't feel in the slightest guilty, it's an absolute bargain of a product! 


I hope that everyone has a lovely weekend! I'm attending my first Halloween party of 2013, complete with spooky cocktails, tacky decorations and even tackier fancy dress outfits. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment