Friday, 22 November 2013

'20s Flapper


Hello lovelies! I hope you've got that Friday feeling, it's the weekend! Today I want to show you the latest addition to my dress collection, and I've been fawning over it no end. I was going to include it in my last restaurant post, but that would just not do for this dress. 

I love the 1920s flapper look; the beads, the embellishment, the nude pallete... but I've always thought the clothes are rather expensive. For a Daisy-from-Gatsby beaded maxi dress you're looking at paying nearly £200, and to be honest which student has that kind of money for one dress? Not to mention, when would you actually get to wear it? They are rather dressy and unless you're a part of the cast of Made in Chelsea you probably won't get many opportunities to wear such a frock. 

That's where my H&M Flapper Dress comes tearing in to save the day. I fell head over heels for this dress as soon as I laid eyes on it. I love the colour, the mesh shoulders, the pleating and the way it nips in at the waist. It's one of those dresses that looks sophisticated and dressy but is unbelievably simple too (my absolute favourite kinds!)



The length is also a big plus point for me. I'm 5'7, which isn't huge but is taller than average for us girls. Therefore dresses can sometimes be a bit on the short side on me. Not a problem with this frock though, as it swishes comfortably above my knee. I wore it with flats this time to make sure I was comfortable walking to pre-dinner drinks, but I would also wear with a pair of classic court shoes (because the dress is a decent length there will be no threat of startling on-lookers if there is a sudden gust of wind!) 



I kept accessories low-key, teaming it with my Rose Gold Michael Kors watch and Rose Gold bangle and a clutch bag. At just £30 I reckon this dress is an absolute bargain. I absolutely loved wearing it and seriously got so many complements! Now all I need is a feathery hairband and the look will be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment