Thursday, 12 December 2013

Christmas Jumpers Top 5

Nothing says 'it's Christmas!!!!' like a big snuggly Christmas jumper. This time of year when the temperature drops, knitwear gets lifted up to a whole new level. My lectures and seminar rooms are filled with stylish little Christmassy numbers right now, and it's inspired me to get my own festive threads, and to do this post!

I know for a fact that opinions are often divided over this Yuletide garment, but Scroogey nay-sayers can tune out right now because I come before you today to celebrate the Christmas jumper in all its glory. I absolutely love 'em! Here's my pick of the best this December.

5. Oasis Fluffy Fairisle Jumper - £50


Classy, fluffy, snowy. Oasis do fantastic knitwear in general that is sophisticated and wearable. This is a great Christmas jumper for those who want a snuggly jumper that is Christmassy but subtle.


4. New Look Cream Sequin Robins Jumper - £24.99


New Look always bring some great Chistmas jumpers to the mix, and this year is no exception. I think this robin jumper is just ace! Look at the one with antlers on... How adorable?! I love the cream colour contrasted with the sparkle of the robins' red breasts.


3. River Island Navy Embellished Bauble Jumper - £50


River Island have also out-done themselves with their festive knitwear this season. For me, this is the pick of the RI bunch. I love the elegance and simplicity of this jumper - sparkly, navy, baubley. This jumper wins all the beauty contests!


2. Eddie Bauer Fairisle Snowflake Cardigan - £ n/a


My housemate Livvy came in to my room as I was windowshopping (doing my extensive knitwear research) and told me about her baby - this gorgeous chunky Eddie Bauer cardigan. For any of you Brits who might not know, EB is a very famous American brand, but Livvy found this in a charity shop for a tiny fraction of the original price. She's clever like that. 


The design and colours are beautifully understated, and it reminds me very much of something you might find in Fat Face or Urban Outfitters for £60+. It feels amazing on. I want my own! I might have to borrow it on a permanent basis...


1. Topshop Gingerbread Jumper - £42 


And finally, my number one jumper this season goes to... this magic little sweater from Topshop! I told myself I had to be strategic - there are only so many Christmas jumpers a girl can wear in one year, and I don't have a limitless amount of pennies... But when I saw this little red beauty in Canterbury Topshop I just had to make it mine. 


I think the gingerbread men design is perfect and just that bit different to the other standard reindeer designs out there. I will be wearing this whenever I go for the next 3 weeks and I've had so many compliments already. And with student discount on top this was definitely worth the price. 

What do you think to Christmassy jumpers?

No comments:

Post a Comment