Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Beauty Review - Hydra-Smooth Lip Color in Dare Me by Benefit


One of the best things about January is getting to try all all the exciting beauty bits you got for Christmas. I was lucky enough to get plenty of lotions, potions and general beautifying gear in my stocking and from my friends, but I have to say nothing gets me more excited than getting something from the almighty beauty gods at Benefit. I buy as much Benefit stuff as I can afford, because as we know ladies, it ain't cheap. So, I always get very excited when Christmas time rolls around because my gorgeous friend Becky 99 times out of 100 gets me something from the beautiful big B. This year she didn't let me down. 


Behold! The Hydra-Smooth Lip Color. On first sight it looks like a very elaborately packaged and blinged-up lipstick. 

This is what Benefit says about the product: 'It's more than lipstick, it's hydra-smooth lip color. Enriched with shea, mango butter and vitamin E, this nourishing formula glides on irresistibly for smooth lips that look supple and hydrated. It's perfect buildable coverage that feels barely there'.



I like to do bold lips or eyes, so I did a base of very natural makeup. 

 
Loreal foundation and Rimmel mascara to get things going.


Then I started to get lippy! The applicator feels good to the touch and the pointed shape of the nib is very easy to manoeuvre.

Benefit are always really good at giving 'tips and tricks' instructions with their makeup to help you if you need inspiration. They say 'Tip - Glide directly onto lips. For precise application, use the custom double-slanted tip to follow your lip shape, then fill in. Layer as much as you desire to build color'. 



They also give you this 'Trick - Keep color on your lips, not on your teeth... Lose your lips around your finger, then draw your finger out to remove excess'. This is fab advice that can be done with any lipstick, not just this one! Pretty neat!

I can confirms that as promised on the packaging, the Lip Color is a lovey moist texture so it glides on really smoothly. It leaves a nice shine on the lips which is going to be perfect for parties and night out. 

And you have your look!


The colour of this is Dare Me. It can look almost red but it's really a lovely deep pink colour. Definitely one for evening wear - it definitely has the wow-factor!



I absolutely love this product. You can choose how intense the colour of the product is, and the Lip Color stays put for 4 hours without reapplying and it keeps colourful too. The moisture keeps your lips hydrated and feeling plump. 

The price tag is £15 but is definitely £15 worth of good product. I'll definitely be getting this again, maybe in a couple of different colours. I reckon this would look fab in a plum colour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment