Sunday, 2 February 2014

Paris: To Do List

It's a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon in pretty Paris. I'm currently writing to you from my brand new flat in the 9th arrondissement with a hot chocolate and brioche and reading about Manet. Someone's gotta do it! 


This is the view from my window! 

Yesterday I went on an excursion to try to get to know my area better. I've told you all about my love for the Marais bit the 9th is kind of different. It's further North so it has a slightly tougher, quicker attitude to it. Nevertheless the area is actually fast becoming a 'Bobo' area for French hipsters who want to look cool and bohemian but who are actually pretty well off. There are lots of vintage shops that I have spied which need to be explored.

I'm taking a tiny break from reading to tell you my ultimate to-do list while I'm living in Paris. I've been to Paris a few times before and I've done all the main touristy bits, so I've come up with an incomplete list of all the other things I now want to do, and all the things I lived that I want to do again. Last night I finally drew it up and in going to stick it on my wall and tick them off one by one. I have just over 2 months left so without further ado, here is my list!:

1. Eiffel Tower at night
2. Walk down the Champs-Élysées
3. Look out over Paris at the Sacre Coeur
4. Pont des Arts
5. Explore the Jardin du Luxembourg 
6. See Paris Saint-Germain play
7. Parisian macaroons
8. Musee Picasso
9. Espace Dali
10. Evening of French food and red wine
11. Musee d'Orsay
12. Vintage shopping
13. Falafel at L'As Du Fallafel
14. Climb to the top of the Pompidou for the view
15. French Camembert and French bread
16. Drink red wine in a cafe and people watch
17. Walk along the Seine
18. Moules
19. Musee National Rodin
20. Watch the Aristocats
21. Explore the Canal Saint-Martin
22. Shakespeare and Co.
23. Place des Vosges
24. Crepe

Have I missed anything? Do you think there is something else that needs to be on the checklist. Do let me know!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment