Friday, 2 May 2014

22

Yesterday was my 22nd birthday! I love birthdays, especially my own, and in my family it means a day to spend time in each other's company, relax, give presents to the birthday bro and eat lots of lovely food. And that's exactly what I did!

The day before my lovely boyfriend came up to Yorkshire to see me and it was so nice spending my birthday with one another getting up very late, enjoying being together and doing not a scrap of work. Bliss! Jules' dad is a beekeeper in his spare time and he bought my family the best gift of a jar of honey from their bees! 
We all adore honey except for my mum hich is crazy because she has always dreamed of keeping bees! But she still likes it in things and loved getting it as a prezzie. I can't wait to have some drizzled on some hot buttery toast!

Anyway, back to my bday! In the afternoon my auntie and uncle stopped by with presents and cards and sparkly bits. And in the evening we had champagne with my brother and his gf before we all went to the Indian restaurant in my village for a big long meal, which was fab as always. 

I got lots of lovely presents, cards and the good news is that I still have one amazing present to come - my boyfriend is taking me to see Wicked at the end of the month, and I'm so excited! I was also lucky to be given some money to spend so I'm going to stock up my wardrobe with some new summery stuff so I'll let you know what I get.

Here's a few snaps from my day. 










2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome day - that cake looks delicious!

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was blimmin' brilliant, thanks Rachael! And I'll tell my mum what you said about the cake. All this time she's been pretending to be a terrible baker, but this proved otherwise! x

      Delete