Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Bank Holiday Weekend

Hey everybody! I hope you all had a nice relaxing Bank Hol Weekend and got up to something fun. I spent mine at home mostly, relaxing, trying to pretend it's warm enough to sit outside and do my uni work, and just enjoying being at home with my fam. It was just me, mum and dad around on Sunday so we stocked up at the butcher's and had our very first BBQ of 2014!


We're big on barbies and have been known to have them as early as February(!) but this year everyone has just been so busy and I've been in France for most of the year so it's taken till now to get cookin'. The weather was overcast but very mild and it was brilliant just sitting around the warmth of the fire. Food just tastes so much better in the open air. Oh and the thing that topped everything was the fact that I had my very first Pimms of the year! To me Pimms reminds me of my first year uni ball and tastes of summer. It just puts a big smile on my face and is ramped up another notch with chopped fruit and fresh mint in it. We have a big mint plant that is going to be visited by me a few times this summer!


BBQ Maestro Mum on grillin' duty, and doing a great job!







Bith was a rubbish help and just wanted cuddles. And goldfish food. That's right, cats like fish food pellets, so beware them scoffing it! This little munchkin had a few mouthfuls before we intervened, the pretty little scamp she is.


I hope that your Bank Holiday weekend was as chillaxed and as BBQ filled as mine.

3 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong with a BBQ on a bank holiday, even if the weather isn't the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you cannot! It's fine if you layer up :) x

      Delete
  2. Nothing beats a photo of a plate filled with meat!

    ReplyDelete