Monday, 12 May 2014

Prawn, Butternut Squash and Coconut Curry


I love a curry, especially Thai curries. They're so tasty, they're exciting and they're simple to knock up. With just a handful of ingredients (and a few cheeky spices) this curry really is rather good for you too, and for those who want a tasty curry without it blowing your head off with heat this is the one for you!

Serves 4
Takes 35 mins 


Ingredients

1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
1-2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
400ml fish stock
A glug of fish sauce
1 table spoon sugar
A squeeze of very lazy lemongrass
Zest of 1 lime & half its juice
Teaspoon turmeric
1 large butternut squash (peeled & cut into chunks)
500g prawns
Fresh coriander to serve 

Method

1. Pour the coconut milk in a large saucepan, add the curry paste, fish stock, fish sauce, sugar, lemongrass, lime zest and juice and turmeric. Bring to a boil and add the butternut squash. 



2. Simmer until the squash is tender, should take around 15 mins. 

3. Add the prawns, slightly increase the heat and cook gently for 10 mins. 

4. Then you're ready to bowl up! Ladle in to big bowls, sprinkle over some fresh chopped coriander and serve with basmati rice. 

It really is as simple as that! This has been adapted from a very similar Nigella recipe but it's the sort of thing I'd expect to feature in a Jamie's 30 Minute Meal book or show. It's that tasty, quick and exciting. 



Next time I make it I'm going to serve it with some lovely warm naan breads for dipping in the sauce. 

Do you have any good curry recipes up your sleeve?

4 comments:

  1. I love a good curry me - every Wednesday around ours is curry night (of the home made variety) although I tend to make more Indian based curries - mango curry being a particular favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Ah yes Indian curries are also a firm favourite of mine. Ooh is that with mango chutney or actual fresh mangoes?! I'm going to google it asap x

      Delete
  2. Hey Jenny,

    I will be trying out this recipe, I love sweet potato and prawns.

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! You will find the details at-
    http://therandomnessofunicorns.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/the-liebster-award.html

    Much love to you xx

    www.therandomnessofunicorns.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nomination Peachy, what a lovely surprise :) I have stepped up to the plate and done my own nominations and answered all the questions that you set me so you can read those on my blog riiiight… now!

      Thank you again. Jenny xo

      Delete