Monday, 19 May 2014

Pretty City


I think today and yesterday are supposed to have been the hottest days of the year so far. May is my favourite month of the year, of course I'm biased because my birthday falls right at the beginning of the month, but aside from this little occasion May is a month close to my heart. Lots of exciting things happen in May, bank holidays, important sporting events, and the weather usually starts to get summery. I can get out my sandals and sundresses, okay I say get them out, I've already had them out for about 2 months by now, but now I can actually wear them!

And today that's exactly what I did. I had errands to run in Canterbury so I had a leisurely breakfast and walked down in to the city late morning. I did my jobs and browsed the shops and bought a couple of things to spruce up my summer wardrobe. I really enjoy just wandering around on days like these nipping in and out of anywhere I fancy the look of and just soaking up the atmosphere, everyone is just so much happier when the sun is shining.


Canterbury is beautiful in general but it looks simply stunning in the sunshine. 

 
Since I came here I've heard many lovely things about Canterbury and how it really comes in to its own in the summer months. More than a couple of people have told me I had to get myself down to the Westgate gardens pronto, so I picked up a takeout lunch and went along to enjoy it in the gardens. I wasn't disappointed, they are so beautiful.




What I always find incredible is that this place is just a few hundred metres from the core of the city, and yet it's somewhere peaceful where friends and families can come to relax or play, and business people can find sanctuary for a little break. 

There were lots of sunbathers and picnickers, punters rowing up and down the water, people playing frisbee and even paddling in the stream.



This adorable brace of ducklings were being ushered along by their mum. It would have been brill if I could have videoed this for you because she clearly wasn't happy about something, so she quacked some very stern instructions and got them all safely up on to the river bank. One of the cutest things I've seen in a while!




I'm loving being back in Canterbury so much; I shall be bringing my book down here and chillaxing in these gorgeous gardens more than a couple of times I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment