Friday, 30 May 2014

Stuffed Peppers


Sometimes if I've been out for lunch with friends in the afternoon by the point tea time rolls around I want something tasty and healthy to eat, but also something that's not too filling. These roasted peppers stuffed with peppers are a super tasty, super nutritious and super quick tea to make.

This time I used some pointed sweet peppers for a change which were rather lovely, but regular bell peppers will do nicely!

What you'll need...

Ingredients 


- 2 peppers
- Packet of cous cous (Ainsley Harriott is my favourite!)
- Soft goats cheese

Method

1. Heat oven to 180c. Boil kettle and prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions. Give it a stir with a fork and set to one side 

2. Cut peppers length-ways, wash and de-seed. Place them on a foiled baking tray. 


3. Fluff up your cous cous with a fork and carefully fill the peppers.


4. Top with splodges (technical term) with goats cheese and place in the oven for 25 mins.


And it's as simple as that! 

This will serve 2 people, or if you are eating on your tod like I was save the other 2 peppers and have it for a delicious pre-made lunch the next day!

If I was going to make it a bit more of a substantial meal or if I had company, I'd probably serve it this with a nice salad, bread and oil for dipping, and a little selection of cheeses for a more filling and tasty tea to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment