Monday, 2 June 2014

Awards

On Saturday night I got to dress up and wear my highest heels for a special awards ceremony at my University. 


My gorgeous and talented friend Frances was nominated for an award for her services to the student community and she invited me as her plus one.



The night kicked off with champagne on arrival always a good start! The atmosphere was so lovely and I could feel the energy and anticipation of all the nervous candidates. The room was decorated beautifully with flowers and candles, and everyone looked so smart in their gowns and suits. 


I happily took on the role of photographer and atmosphere soaker-uperer. The award giving was interspersed with several courses of food, which was all really rather lovely, and there was plenty of white and red wine on the tables.


Frances and her housemate Celia did amazingly well, both winning an award in different categories!

It was brilliant to be a part of and the whole evening was a big success. There was also a magician doing tricks in between awards to keep us all entertained and quite frankly astonished. Money being ripped up before your eyes and then reappearing is just so crazy to behold!



I had such an amazing time and I am so pleased I was asked to go. We even got the flowers on our tables at the end of the night which was the cherry on top of a brilliant night.





No comments:

Post a Comment