Thursday, 3 July 2014

Half Year Resolutions


Hey everybody! This is what my view looks like right now. It's a perfectly clear and roasting day in Kent so I've taken my work outside to get some sun at the same time.

I can't believe it's July! It has crept up so quickly and it feels like June has absolutely flown by. We are officially in the second half of 2014 so today I wanted to share with you guys a list of half year resolutions - pretty much New Years resolutions but at the half way mark to keep myself in check and focused on what I want to achieve for the rest of this year :)

1. Take time for reflection - even if it's just for 5 minutes every other day or so, I need to take the time to reflect on what's going on in my life right now. I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my life as I'm finally coming to the end of my education. We all focus on the negatives a bit too much sometimes, so taking a tiny bit of time every now and then to think about all the positives in my life would do a lot of good I think. 

2. Keep drinking plenty of water - I don't have a strict amount of water I tell myself I have to drink everyday but I'd say drink about 2 pints of water per day. It's just so good for you. Clear skin, healthy bod, good moods, yes please.

3. Clean my space more often - this makes me sound like a scruff, I promise I'm not! I'm in student digs at the moment and we have cleaners who sort out the kitchen and bathroom etc, however I think I could flick the hoover round my more often and clear my desk! I'm looking at it now and it's just an explosion of books, mugs and stationery. I need to address this!

4. Keep up with my jogging - I go out for a 5 miler about twice a week at the moment. On top of walking in to town is a good level for right now. 

5. Warm up and stretch - however, I don't stretch nearly enough before I go out for runs. I need to do a more thorough job 

6. Go outside more - I really like being outside, going for walks, picnics, sunbathing and reading but I am always on my laptop at the moment . Taking even half an hour to sit outside on a sunny day always makes me feel so much better 

7. Treat myself more - I'm talking money here. I often give myself a manicure or pedicure and make myself a nice tea, but when it comes to material things like clothes I'm definitely more of a giver. I go all out on presents but never really buy myself new stuff just because I like something. I still haven't gone on a proper summer clothes haul! But I did treat myself to some gorgeous Cath Kidston baking bits which felt really good. I'm not going to go crazy but, like my Dad always says, money isn't just for saving!

8. Experiment with my makeup - I think all us girls play it safe with makeup and sometimes we get stuck in a rut. I'm good with my hair, I try different styles up-dos, hair down, different partings etc, but not so much with my makeup. I've got some lovely bits and pieces in my makeup bag and just need to experiment a bit more with different looks sometimes.

9. Cook with my cookbooks more - I've got some lovely cookery books and love whipping up culinary delights in the kitchen for myself, my boyfriend and my fam, but I tend to stick to the favourites I have in my head or going online to BBC Good Food all too often. This is all well and good, but I need to start making a few new dishes from the lovely books I have. 

10. Tell the people who I love that I love them - I already do this I think, but it's very important to let your loved ones know how special they are. It makes them feel good and you too. I need to give out plenty of hugs too, they are free after all!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on #7! I love spending money and time getting presents together for other people and I can go months and months without spending money on me. (Although I do like to treat myself to an odd race entry here and there!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I've really gotten in to my running, it's a great hobby to have :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete