Monday, 8 September 2014

Atholl Brose


Hello there! I've got a lovely healthy bit I breakfast inspiration for you today. This recipe became a favourite of mine when my mum and I went to Ragdale Hall health spa a couple of years ago. They would deliver breakfast to your room which was such a treat, and every morning we were there I got this. 

It's a lovely take on porridge, served cold with berries. The recipe is delicious and dead simple which is exactly what I think breakfast should be. 


This is pretty much all you will need to make this lovely little brekkie! 

Atholl Brose is a traditional recipe but it's very similar to overnight oats which are really popular right now. This is at its best when it's made about 24 hours in advance to let the oats soak nicely.

Ingredients

150g oats
250g plain natural yoghurt
1tbsp runny honey
A couple of handfuls of berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries etc.)

Method

1. Toast your oats under the grill for 3 minutes until they are nicely golden
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the yoghurt, honey and oats until well combined
3. Spoon evenly in to little jars/cups and layer with the berries
4. Place in the fridge overnight or ideally for a day. Then enjoy!

I used blackberries as they are in season right now, but any other berries you can get hold of or have to hand would be wonderful.

This is really good for digestion and skin, and I found that this filled me up until lunchtime, even when I was doing all sorts of activities at the spa. 

Let me know what you think if you try this out!

2 comments:

  1. This looks very delicious! I honestly love oats and I love fruit even more so that should be perfect for me!

    Rona from threepinkcats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rona! :) it can be made in advance too so when you're busy you have a lovely pre-made breakfast/brunch xo

      Delete