Sunday, 28 September 2014

September Update

2014 might just be the busiest year of my life so far, and it's certainly been the craziest! I've been absolutely rushed off my feet throughout September, but in a good way, and I've loved being nice and busy. 

Whilst I have been up and down the country and here there and everywhere keeping busy, which has been great, I haven't been blogging as regularly as I'd have liked to. But I have loads to tell you about, so I thought I'd do a little update post to tell you what I've been getting up to this month! 

Running a Half Marathon


I think I'll start with today when I ran my first ever half marathon! Here I am with my amazing Mum who also ran the race; it was the Isle of Axholme Anna Verrico Half Marathon around Epworth to raise money for Cancer Research. It was a little bit warm but on the whole we were very lucky with the weather, and I'm very pleased to say the marathon had an amazing turn out and was such an amazing experience and we both said that we would be up for it again!

Being back in Brum


This week I re-visited Birmingham, my home from home, for the first time in over a year. I went to stay with my bestest buddy Polly who has just started her PhD (clever clogs!). We met on day 1 of freshers during our undergrad days at the University of Birmingham, and we been close ever since. I went to have a good old catch up and to check out her new abode and it was just what I needed.


We also paid a visit to my friend David and ate at Boston Tea Party in Harborne, which was amaaaazing! It's a chain which started in Exeter but it has that lovely friendly independent feel about it. We had tea and cake (doesn't it all look gorgeous?) but the cooked food looks gorgeous too so I will be returning to sample it!

London for the day


A job interview early last week drew me to London, and I got a late train back which allowed me plenty of time to people watch in King's Cross Station and and appreciate it in all its beauty at night. I think it's one of my favourite train stations and the ceiling is so pretty.

The BALT (Bacon, Avocado, Lettuce and Tomato sarnie)


I get a lot of inspiration and ideas from Instgram, especially with regards to my cooking creations. I knocked this up for my packed lunch when I went to London and my goodness it was delish. I just needed to tell you about this combo because next time you have a BLT you really need to think about adding some avocado. Yum!

Birds of Prey 


For my Dad's birthday prezzie my big brother and I bought him a falconry day experience in Thirsk in North Yorkshire, and I went along to join him for the day. This is me having my experience last year. We had a lovely Dad/Daughter day and he had an amazing time holding all sorts of different eagles, hawks, falcons, vultures and owls (my fave!). I'd highly recommend the day if you live in the vicinity of Thirsk, and I think it's a bit different from your average present!

A darn good batch of Slutty Brownies


Half price Oreos at the supermarket calls for... Slutty Brownies. As a huge fan of baked goods and of The Londoner blog this is a rare but very special treat perfect for the weekend. These brownies are the best ever and they're so easy to whip up. Double Stuff Oreos are the best to use for this recipe if you can get hold of them. I like to eat mine warm with a scoop of clotted cream vanilla ice cream. Utter perfection.

Discovering new products that smell amazing


I believe this brand of shampoo and conditioner is new on the scene, or certainly new on the popularity scene. It's called Ogx (or Organix) and I thought I'd give it a go to see what all the fuss was about. This was not a decision I regretted as this conditioner made my hair so soft and smell amazing too. I highly recommend this to try and I'm sure the other products in the range are pretty good too.

Finishing Uni


September was the month I moved out of my University accommodation and away from Canterbury. I had such an amazing time here last autumn and this summer. This city is gorgeous and I have lots of fond memories here that I'll keep with me for a long time. I will be returning  before too long, as I have my graduation to attend in November which is being held in the Cathedral. So I have lots to look forward to and I can't wait to see what happens next. 

I hope October is just as exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Well done you and your mum for your first half marathon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary! It was a struggle but my mum is the only real star, she managed to raise hundreds of pounds for Macmillan Cancer Support :D xo

      Delete